Location Holborn Office
County Central London
Ref # 17997
Closing Date 08-Dec-2022Are you passionate about automating manual processes? Can you translate business requirements into solutions for our colleagues? Do you want to build solutions that will allow colleagues to create more fans? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Power Platform Developer you will work to deliver Power Apps to enable amazing Power Platform experiences, automate our manual processes and eliminate business critical excel spreadsheets.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?...
Ability to translate business requirements into a solution from initiation to delivery .
- Proactively keeping up to date with latest Power Platform technologies and understand how to apply them.
- Develop user-focused Power Platform solutions and ensure all work is carried out and recorded in accordance with required standards.
- Create documentation to accompany developed business solutions.
- Be an ambassador for the team: ensure colleagues know the value we can bring and support business user adoption of the platform.
- Work closely with the team to contribute towards best design practices and adopt/maintain them.
- Investigate and resolve live issues, document the solutions and provide guidance, explanation and assurance to the relevant stakeholders.
- Understand and apply security concepts including access control and data integrity.
You need to be this kind of person…
Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
- Good planning and organisational skills to prioritise and meet deadlines
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
- You should be able to autonomously design, develop and deploy Power Platform solutions to solve business problems.
- A good awareness of how retail banks work and how Power Platform can support banking processes.
- Experience developing in Power BI, Power Automate and Power Apps
- Dataverse Understanding: creating tables, applying business rules, creating forms and views over data
- You should understand the difference between model driven and canvas apps and when to use each one
- Have an understanding of security such as creating security roles and utilizing Business Units
- Understand how to connect to Data and Systems through Connectors
Important Footnote Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!